1. Sundar Pichai : CEO, Google
- As CEO of Google, the soft-spoken 43-year-old Pichai will head core tech projects like Google search engine, ads, maps, apps, YouTube and Android system.
- A topper in Metallurgical Engineering, from IIT Kharagpur, Pichai has seen a meteoric rise in his career from holding significant posts in Google to becoming its CEO.
- Pichai , who is from Tamil Nadu, worked in engineering and product management at Applied Materials and at McKinsey & Company before he joined Google.
- Pichai is hailed for building a great team and outstanding products that gives a lead over other companies.
- He holds an MS from Stanford University and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
2. Satya Nadella : CEO, Microsoft
- The highest paid executive in the United States
- After a 22-year stint with Microsoft, Nadella was appointed as the chief executive officer of the company in February 2014.
- The Hyderabad-born 47-year-old has a BE from Manipal Institute of Technology, MS from University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, and MBA from University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
3. Shantanu Narayen: CEO, Adobe
- Born in Hyderabad, Shantanu Narayen joined Adobe in 1998 as the senior vice president of worldwide product research and became the COO in 2005 and CEO in 2007.
- He holds a Bachelor in Science from Osmania University, an MBA from University of California, Berkley, and an MS from Bowling Green State University.
- Narayen held product development roles at Apple and Silicon Graphics before co-founding photo-sharing startup Pictra.
- A chance encounter between Adobe and Pictra led to Narayen joining Adobe, where rose swiftly through the product ranks.
- Named among the world’s best CEOs by Barron’s MAgazine in 2016.
4. Sanjay Kumar Jha: CEO, Global Foundries
- Sanjay Kumar Jha from Bihar is now the CEO of Global Foundries, the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry.
- He has a PhD in electronics engineering from University of Strathclyde, Scotland.
- One of the highest-paid Indian executives in the US, he was earlier the chief executive officer of Motorola’s mobile devices business.
- Prior to Motorola, he served as the chief operating officer at Qualcomm.
5. Rajeev Suri: CEO and president, Nokia
Bhopal-born Suri also holds a B-Tech from Manipal Institute of Technology, but holds no post graduate degrees.
Rajeev Suri joined Nokia in 1995 and held various positions before being appointed as president and CEO in April 2014.
Suri’s was promoted to Nokia CEO after Microsoft acquired Nokia’s mobile phone business. Previously, he was the head of the company’s India services division.
6. Francisco D’Souza :CEO, Cognizant
One of the youngest CEOs in the IT industry, 46-year-old Francisco D’Souza joined Cognizant as a co-founder in 1994, the year it was started as a division of The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation. He took over as CEO of the company when he was just 38 years old.